Search This Blog

Saturday, July 11, 2015

Day 8 - Geothermal Fields of Hverir

We were coming from Dettifoss when we saw at a distance a all new color that we had not seen before. We also saw cars and the indication that Iceland uses for a sight worth looking at.
 

 

We had arrived at the geothermal fields of Hverir.

 

As we parked the bike the sulphur smell was intense.

 

We walked around and saw different types of formations.

 

Some people are stlickers with dirt on their shoes ...

 

As we approached the bike we saw a scooter next to it. It belonged to a Swiss traveller that he brought it from Switzerland on the ferry. He had taken it around Iceland and was catching the ferry back to Denmark. We felt blessed to be traveling on the much bigger GSA ...

 

Hverir was well worth the stop ...

 

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I had just this article on my travel site, I hope you don't mind. This is a website that let bloggers or travelers to share some great articles or photos about travel, and indexed by attractions.

    I know you love travel and write a lots of blog post about interesting places in the world, so I would like to invite you to be a member of our community and share your blog post, photos or review.

    You can check the link below to find your articles on my site, if you don't want me to share your articles, please tell me, I will remove it as soon as possible.

    http://www.travelersfootprint.com/en/attraction-detail/Hverir@Iceland

    Hope you all the best =)

    Sam

    ReplyDelete